MCEB 2017 - Mathematical and Computational Evolutionary Biology
12-16 June 2017 - IGESA, Porqueroles, South of France.
Official webpage: http://www.lirmm.fr/mceb2017/
Scope: Mathematical and computational tools and concepts form an essential basis for modern evolutionary studies. The goal of the MCEB conference (at its 9th edition) is to bring together scientists with diverse backgrounds to present recent advances and discuss open problems in the field of mathematical and computational evolutionary biology. The theme of this year's edition will be "Methods for Integrative Evolutionary Biology: various sources of data, various scales of evolution", which includes the analysis of heterogeneous data (molecular, phenotypic, ecological...), different time scales (from recent times to the origin of life), different spatial scales (from landscape to worldwide range), the combination of phylogenetics and population genetics, multidisciplinary approaches, etc.
Beyond this year’s theme, general concepts, models, methods and algorithms will be presented and discussed, just as in the previous editions of MCEB. As usual, the meeting will bring together researchers originating from various disciplines: mathematics, computer science, phylogenetics, population genetics, epidemiology, ecological modeling ... Keynote speakers will introduce a field of research and discuss their own work in this field (see below). Afternoon will be for short presentations and posters, with plenty of time for discussions. We will stop early every day, thus leaving time for other activities, such as hiking or swimming. The number of attendees will be limited to favor small group interactions.
Cost: Conference fees including accommodation for four nights, meals,coffee breaks, buses, etc., will be between 300€ and 550€, all inclusive, and will vary depending on the room. PhD students and postdocs will benefit of the cheapest rooms.
Keynote speakers :
- Elizabeth Allman (Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Alaska Fairbanks)
- Guy Baele (Rega Institute / KU Leuven - Evolutionary and Computational Virology Section)
- Stéphane Dray (Laboratoire de Biométrie et Biologie Evolutive (LBBE), Lyon)
- Barbara Holland (Theoretical Phylogenetics Group, School of Mathematics and Physics, University of Tasmania)
- Anna-Sapfo Malaspinas (Institute of Ecology and Evolution, University of Bern)
- Yun Song (Calabi-Simons Chair in Mathematics and Biology, Departments of Mathematics and Biology, University of Pennsylvania.)
- Marc Suchard (David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Departments of Biomathematics, Biostatistics and Human Genetics)
For more information and register: http://www.lirmm.fr/mceb2017/